Spatial Associations & Hierarchy of Spatial Relationships
Spatial association: Association relationship containing spatial predicates, e.g., close_to, intersect, contains, etc.
- Topological relations:
- intersects, overlaps, disjoint, etc.
- Spatial orientations:
- left_of, west_of, under, etc.
- Distance information:
- close_to, within_distance, etc.
Hierarchy of spatial relationship:
- “g_close_to”: near_by, touch, intersect, contain, etc.
- First search for rough relationship and then refine it.