Mining Time-Related Data
Characterize data evolution regularities:
- Describe the firms whose sales increased 20% in 1995.
Discriminate classes with different evolution behaviors.
- Compare up-turn firms with the down-turn ones.
Classify and cluster time-related data.
Mining sequential patterns and temporal associations.
- First buy PC then CD-ROM within 6 months.
- Find those firms which go up together.
Trend and deviation analysis:
- How the stocks fluctuate in the past 12 months?
Mining similar shapes/patterns in temporal data.
- Shape/pattern specification and analysis: up, Up, UP.