Interactive, exploratory mining giga-bytes of data?
- Could it be real? --- Making good use of constraints!
What kinds of constraints can be used in mining?
- Knowledge type constraint: classification, association, etc.
- Data constraint: SQL-like queries
- Find product pairs sold together in Vancouver in Dec.’98.
- Dimension/level constraints:
- in relevance to region, price, brand, customer category.
- Rule constraints:
- small sales (price < $10) triggers big sales (sum > $200).
- Interestingness constraints:
- strong rules: min_support ? 3%, min_confidence ? 60%.