CSE 4316 Spring 2001
Due: February 16, 2001, midnight (email to email@example.com)
For this homework you will use Microsoft Project 98 to create the ABC
Office Designs IS project described in the textbook. Specifically,
- Obtain Microsoft Project 98. If you did not receive the 120-day
evaluation copy with your textbook, you can obtain it for a limited time at
- Create a new project whose starting date is February 16, 2001.
- Following Figure 10.17 on page 245 of the textbook, enter the 22
tasks along with their durations and dependencies.
- Add headings to each group of tasks as shown in Figure 9.11. For
example, add the heading ``Problem Definition'' to the three subtasks
``Gather Data,'' ``Study Feasibility'' and ``Prepare Report.'' Ignore
tasks 3.1.1-3.1.4, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2.
- Create a resource for each person listed across the top of Figure
9.11 and assign them to their appropriate primary tasks as depicted in
Figure 9.14. You do not need to enter any salary or budget information at
- Define the term critical path and determine the ordered list of
tasks that comprise the critical path for this project.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by the above deadline. Your
submission should include the definition of critical path, the ordered
list of tasks comprising the critical path of the project, and an
attachment containing the Microsoft Project 98 .mpp file for the project.