Next: Course Details
University of Texas at Arlington
Computer Science Engineering
CSE 6363 - Machine Learning
Section 501, TuTh 7:00-8:20pm, 112 Nedderman Hall
- A detailed investigation of current machine learning
theory and methodologies. Introduces the background and basics of machine
learning, including representation, inductive bias and performance
evaluation. Analyzes and compares different machine learning
methodologies, including statistical, connectionist, symbolic and
optimization. Implementations of several methods will be provided for
experimentation. Current issues in machine learning research and
alternative learning methods will also be examined as they relate to course
- Artificial Intelligence I (CSE 5360) and II (CSE 5361).
- Tom M. Mitchell, Machine Learning, McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- Five Homeworks (50%), Project (25%), Presentation (15%),
Critiques and Class Participation (10%).
- Larry Holder, 330 Nedderman Hall, 272-2596,
Office hours: 3-4 Wed, 4-5 Thu.