Due: April 27, 2004 (midnight)
For this assignment you will compare the Progol logic-based relational
learner to the Subdue graph-based relational learner. You will also
demonstrate your knowledge of analytical learning.
- Download and install Subdue 5.1, which is available here. Run Subdue on the sample graph in
graphs/sample.g. Include the output of Subdue on this graph and
describe the result.
- Suppose we want to teach Subdue the concept of a completely connected
graph of four vertices (i.e., six undirected edges, no self loops). Provide
a Subdue-formatted input file and parameter settings resulting in this
concept as the best substructure. Also include the Subdue output for this
- Download and install Progol 4.4, which is available here. Run Progol on the sample input in
examples4.2/aunt.pl. Include the output of Progol on this example
and describe the result.
- Suppose we want to teach Progol the concept of factorial(X,Y), where Y
= X!. Provide a Progol input file resulting in this concept being
learned. Also include the Progol output for this run.
- Briefly (in one paragraph) describe analytical learning. Give one
advantage and one disadvantage of analytical learning. Support your claims.
- Email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
your nicely-formatted report (MSWord, PDF or PostScript) containing the
requested information referred to above.