Due: August 31, 2007 (midnight)
For this assignment you will familiarize yourself with the WEKA Machine
Learning Software, which we will use throughout the course for testing
various learning algorithms.
- Download and install WEKA on your preferred platform. WEKA is
available here. WEKA
is already installed on the machines in Sloan 353.
- Run the ConjunctiveRule classifier on each of the 10 databases supplied
with WEKA and collect the output of the runs.
- Find a database of interest to you (other than those that come with
WEKA), convert it to WEKA's ARFF format, run the ConjunctiveRule classifier
on it, and collect the output. See the data repository links under
Course Resources on the main course web page for some sources of data.
- Prepare one table showing the following information for each of the 10
- Number of training instances
- Number of attributes
- Mean absolute error for training data
- Mean absolute error for cross-validation
- (Extra credit) Describe the inductive bias of the ConjunctiveRule
- Email to me (email@example.com)
a ZIP file containing the following.
- Nicely-formatted document (MSWord, PDF or PostScript) showing the raw
output from each of the 10 runs, the table, a brief description (in your
own words) of the database you obtained, including where I can find it,
and optionally your description of ConjuctiveRule's bias.
- A file containing your database in ARFF format.