Supplemental Readings for Machine Learning
- C. Bishop (2006).
Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning. Springer.
- I. Witten and E. Frank (2005).
Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques
(Second Edition). Morgan Kaufmann.
- T. Dietterich, "Machine Learning Research: Four Current
Directions," AI Magazine, 18(4):97-136, Winter 1997.
- T. Mitchell, Machine
Learning, McGraw-Hill, 1997.
- G. Piatetsky-Shapiro, C. Djeraba, L. Getoor, R. Grossman, R. Feldman,
and M. Zaki, "What Are The
Grand Challenges for Data Mining? KDD-2006 Panel Report," SIGKDD Explorations, 8(2):70-77, 2006.
- K. Bennett and C. Campbell, "Support
Vector Machines: Hype or Hallelujah?," SIGKDD Explorations,
2(2):1-13, December 2000.
- C. J. C. Burges, "A Tutorial on Support
Vector Machines for Pattern Recognition," Data Mining and Knowledge
Discovery, 2(2):121-167, 1998.
- K. Muller, S. Mika, G. Ratsch, K. Tsuda, and B. Scholkopf, "An Introduction to Kernel-based Learning
Algorithms," IEEE Neural Networks, 12(2):181-201, May 2001.
- T. Dietterich (2000). Ensemble
Methods in Machine Learning. In J. Kittler and F. Roli (Ed.)
First International Workshop on Multiple Classifier Systems,
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (pp. 1-15). New York: Springer Verlag.
- J. Schaeffer, R. Lake, P. Lu, and M. Bryant, "CHINOOK: The World Man-Machine Checkers
Champion," AI Magazine, Spring 1996.
- J. Schaeffer, N. Burch, Y. Bjornsson, A. Kishimoto, M. Muller,
R. Lake, P. Lu, S. Sutphen, "Checkers
Is Solved," Science Magazine, July 2007.