Albuquerque is the largest city in New Mexico.
To get between the airport (Sunport) and the Marriott, you have these options:
- Rent a car
- Take a taxi
- Share a van (Sunport Shuttle)
For the Monday night dinner at Monica’s El Portal restaurant (Old Town), we will try organize car pools. There is also a city bus, the Rapid Ride Red Line that stops at the Uptown Transit Center one block north of the Marriott. Note exact fare is required (no credit cards).
Things to do
- Albuquerque Old Town - historic buildings and plaza, nice to explore before the conference dinner Monday.
- Sandia Peak Tram - take the longest aerial tram in the world up to 10,378 feet and enjoy a great view!
- National Museum of Nuclear Science -includes lots of military effects (planes, missiles, etc)
- NM Museum of Natural History - includes an exhibit on the early days of the personal computer revolution
- Albuquerque International Balloon Museum - if you missed the Balloon Fiesta
Places to eat in Uptown near the Marriott (within walking distance)
- Buca di Beppo(Italian)
- Jason’s Deli (Buffet-style sandwiches and salads)
- Le Peep (America/French, breakfast/lunch only)
- Japanese Kitchen & Sushi (Japanese)
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill (Italian)
- BJ’s (brewhouse)
- Bravo (Italian)
- Marcello’s Chop House (American)
- Garduno’s (New Mexican)
- Genghi’s Grill (Mongolian BBQ)